FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
June 17, 1999
MultiTimer Pro 3.5 Released;
Update To Powerful, Easy To Use Time-Tracking and Billing Utility for
Macintosh software developer Karl Bunker of Iron Software announces
the release of MultiTimer Pro 3.5. MultiTimer Pro is a utility for
tracking the time spent on projects and jobs performed on a Mac.
MultiTimer Pro will be a valuable resource for graphic designers, Web
designers, content creators of all types, consultants, lawyers,
technical writers, and anyone who uses a Mac and either bills for
their time or needs to keep track of time for any other purpose.
The defining characteristic of MultiTimer Pro is ease of use coupled
with powerful features. Its clear, clean design makes it "instantly
usable", yet it also delivers a range of sophisticated capabilities
not found in any competing product.
Here are just a few of the features of MultiTimer Pro (items marked
"**" are new to version 3.5):
* Track time EASILY, with a simple and intuitive interface.
* Track expenses as well as time.
* View a complete history of your timed sessions in a "log" window. Logs are
fully editable and can be configured in a variety of ways.
* Export log data to text, with a variety of options and settings.
* Set hourly rates and have charges automatically calculated for each session.
* Attach notes to any or all session and expense records.
* View total times and total charges for a day, week, month, year and grand
total, all at a glance.
** Have a timer automatically started whenever specified files are opened.
* Automatically open multiple files or applications when a timer is started.
** Run multiple timers simultaneously.
* Unique optional "floating window" is always visible, shows you the timer
status and accumulated time.
** Optionally round session times up or down to an increment you specify.
* Apply user-defined "category" labels to sessions or expenses, with attached
hourly rates or charges.
* Extensive Undo support in logs, and an option to make manual adjustments
visible as separate records.
* Unique "cross-log reports" allow you to view and sum the data from multiple
* Elegant, attractive design throughout, with Mac OS 8 platinum appearance.
* As powerful as you need, or as simple as you want; hide the features,
options and information you don't use.
The full power of MultiTimer Pro can only be hinted at here, but the
simplicity of the program is easier to describe: To start tracking
time on a new project you make a single menu selection and type in a
name for the project. Tracking the accumulated time spent on a
project is accomplished by clicking a start/stop timer button. Switch
between projects with a popup menu. View the log of a project by
clicking a button. And so on; all functions, from the simplest to the
most sophisticated, are designed to be intuitive and easy.
Version 3.5 is a significant upgrade for MultiTimer Pro, primarily
due to the introduction of the "Auto-Start files" feature. One of the
major weakness of all time-tracking applications is that you have to
remember to start a timer when you start working on a project.
MultiTimer Pro 3.5's Auto-Start files addresses this. With this
feature, one or more files can be linked to a given project in
MultiTimer Pro, and whenever any of those files are opened, the
MultiTimer Pro timer is automatically started.
MultiTimer Pro is priced at $39.00. A demo version is available
immediately for free downloading from the Iron Software Web site at
the URL below. This version is complete and not disabled in any way;
registered customers receive a code to turn off "please register"
Requires: A Macintosh running System 7.1 or later, a monitor
displaying 16 grays or better.
Karl Bunker has been a Macintosh developer and contract programmer
since 1993. He has produced a wide range of highly acclaimed and
award winning software for the Mac, including Neatnik, PhoneTech,
FloorTiles and Barney Blaster.