[MD1] PowerGlot 1.2
Florent Pillet / PowerGlot Software
12 Bd Desgranges, E.10
phone: +33 1 4683 1447
PowerGlot Software Releases PowerGlot 1.2
Premier Localization Tool for Macintosh Improves Compatibility
For Immediate Release
(Paris, France) September 24, 1998 - PowerGlot Software announced today the release of PowerGlot 1.2, a new version of its premier localization tool for Macintosh software. PowerGlot enables developers to make their products available worldwide in the native language of their choice, including 2-byte languages like Japanese, Chinese and Korean. PowerGlot 1.2 extracts text from applications, helps perform the translations and then builds the localized applications, with an easy to use, fast and powerful interface. PowerGlot 1.2 adds support for the just released Metrowerks CodeWarrior Professional 4, the upcoming Mac OS 8.5, as well as new additions for PalmOS developers. PowerGlot 1.2 also improves AppleScript support and fixes a few bugs. Retail price is US$99.00, with discounts for multiple copies. Site licenses are available. Upgrades are free for current users. Information and a demo version are available at: (http://www.powerglot.com/).
PowerGlot 1.2 contains AppleScript support which extends the software's functionalities. Import and export scripts are provided, along with other useful AppleScripts. It contains full drag and drop support, integrated on-line help with AppleGuide and help balloons.
POWERGLOT 1.2 HIGHLIGHTS:
* All languages supported by the Mac OS can be targeted, including 2-byte
* Contextual glossaries for precise control over translated terms.
* Makes it easy to take one version of a translated application and
change it to a new, updated one.
* Automated Translation with reusable glossaries.
* Automatic consistency checks (can be individually disabled)
* AppleScript support. Sample scripts included.
* Extremely fast! Extracting the text or generating a localized application
takes only a few seconds.
* Extracts text from all resource types (including application-specific
resources using Resorcerer templates).
* Online help (AppleGuide and Balloons).
* Drag and drop support.
* Specific support for applications developed with Metrowerks CodeWarrior
and the PowerPlant framework.
* Small memory footprint (needs only 2.5 Mb RAM).
* Electronic user manual.
* Free E-mail technical support.
PRICING AND AVAILABILITY
PowerGlot version 1.2 is available now.
Distribution via electronic download only: (http://www.powerglot.com/).
PowerGlot 1.2 costs
- US$99.00 per copy for 1 to 4 licenses
- US$79.00 per copy for 5 to 8 licenses
- US$69.00 per copy for 9+ licenses.
- Site licenses are US$990.00.
- World-wide licenses are US$1,500.00.
- Free upgrades for licensed users
For more information: (http://www.powerglot.com/) or email: