[MD1] Omikron Basic 6.30
P R E S S R E P O R T from May 12, 1999
O M I K R O N B A S I C 6
- New Version 6.30
- Shared Libraries, Plugins, File Navigation Services, and many more new
- Update is free for registered users of Omikron Basic 6
- Now it is also possible to create so-called shared libraries and
plugins using Omikron Basic. New commands and a new function type,
which can be used to define functions callable by other programs as
well, were introduced for this purpose These programs may also be
written in another programming language (C, Pascal, Fortran ...).
Together with the expanded MAC_OS command, the Omikron Basic
programmer is now able to utilize ALL functions of the Macintosh
operating system and of other shared libraries.
- The command FILESELECT now employs the File Navigation Services if
they are present (standard starting with System 8.5). The editor and
the Omikron Basic output windows now use proportional windows scroll
bars if the Appearance Manager exists (standard starting with System
8.0). In addition, smart scrolling (the window content follows the
scroll bar in real-time) is supported too as long as the operating
supports this function as well.
- The command OPEN "F" was implemented by popular request. It may be
used to query or modify the different properties of a file or folder
(size, date of creation . . .) as well as search for specific files
in folders. - The maximum program line length can now be adjusted.
- A complete overview over all new features may be viewed at:
- UPDATE FREE OF CHARGE FOR REGISTERED OMIKRON BASIC 6 USERS.
All Omikron Basic 6 owners receive an online update free of charge
after indicating the registration number. An update on CD-ROM is also
available for a small handling fee of $15.00.
- DEMO VERSION:
A free demo version of Omikron Basic 6.30 can be downloaded at
- ADDITIONAL INFO:
More information at: http://www.berkhan.com
or by contacting:
Entwicklung & Vertrieb
Tel.: ++49 (0) 58 32 - 97 98 95
Fax: ++49 (0) 58 32 - 61 60