PRESS RELEASE -- For Immediate Release
MINDVISION SHIPS INSTALLER VISE 6.0
Simply making installation better than ever
MindVision announces the immediate availability of Installer VISE
6.0, a major upgrade to the industry standard Macintosh installer
"Not only do we continue to simplify the lives of our thousands of
customers, we also continue to drive ahead with the best new features
to keep developers on top of the latest opportunities in software
delivery," said Steve Kiene, CEO of MindVision. "We listen to our
customers. Installer VISE 6.0 has what our customers asked for.
MindVision continues to produce the best software delivery tools used
by the most software developers in the business."
Installer VISE 6.0 delivers great installers with the best Internet
support, the strongest localization support, and the most complete
Installer VISE has built its reputation on its great feature set,
rock-solid reliability, and MindVision's unparalleled responsiveness
to customer needs. Developers can count on Installer VISE to deliver
a great first impression of their software to the end user.
Fully-functional copies of Installer VISE 6.0 are available for
downloading at (http://www.mindvision.com).
Many of Installer VISE 6.0's newest features are showcased in Apple's
QuickTime 4 installer, available at (http://www.quicktime.com).
HIGHLIGHTS OF INSTALLER VISE 6.0
Release notes (including pictures) are at
Here are some highlights of the many new features in Installer VISE.
More automated build support
* Build multiple targets at once.
* Each build target can have its own attributes, build directives, post
processing for Internet preparation, and AppleScripts before/after
* You can remove compressed data when checking an installer project
into a source code control system.
* 'ckid' resource support makes Installer VISE source control friendly.
* Verify source file locations with a new apple event.
More simplicity for complex installs
* Launch other installers before/after the main installer.
* The new sub-launch action item gives you sub-launching with all of the
control of conditional execution abilities of action items.
Sub-launched Installer VISE installers also get user interface
* Organize sub-archive installers with greater flexibility.
* Installers can span multiple CDs.
More powerful Internet support
* HTTP 1.1 support allows random data access for efficient downloads.
It also means more efficient web installer construction; all data can
now go into a single file without the need to manually organize it.
* Compressed web installer catalogs make for smaller web installers.
* Upload files to your HTTP 1.1-compliant web server with the PUT command.
* Control whether dialup dialogs are shown.
* You can verify files on your download sites.
* User may now select their download site.
* MacBinary III format is now available as a build option
* Call external code on Quit.
* Twice the gestalts, and the new "OR" check for "any match" capability.
* "Go To" and "Stop Install" actions allow for fine grained control over
complex installation setups.
* Mac OS 8.6, Location Mgr, and QuickTime 4 install locations and
* Create lists of self-validating passwords for end users.
This allows users to enter unique passwords without you having to
write any external code.
* System folder items default to the Mac OS default routing location.
* "If newer version" is the default replace option if a file has a
* Language files can use relative paths.
* InRg is a new gestalt to use for hiding/showing packages based on the
WHAT INSTALLER VISE CUSTOMERS ALREADY EXPECT FROM US
Best Industry Support. MindVision is known for its unmatched
dedication to customer support. MindVision provides support for the
same low price as always - FREE!
Best Community Commitment. MindVision was founded by small
independent developers. Nobody knows how to support the shareware and
freeware author like we do. Full strength installer tools are
available free to these independent-minded developers.
Deep and wide feature set. Installer VISE was designed specifically
to meet the needs of our thousands of customers, from the smallest to
the largest. Installer VISE is used to build the most complicated
software installations on both Macintosh and Windows.
Mac OS Commitment. Installer VISE supports the very latest system
software features. Installer VISE 6.0 extends that support to include
Mac OS 8.6 and QuickTime 4 install locations. We are there for our
customers who support the latest Apple technologies.
Features you can't get anywhere else, including:
* Embedded archives to easily modularize your installation
* Custom forms, dialogs, and message boxes to interact with the user
* Variables to graphically add programming-level power to your installer
* Online customer registration
* Build directives to customize your installations
* Customizable builder interface
* Task assistants to make getting started and putting the polish on
installers easier than ever
Screen shots are available at our web site
(http://www.mindvision.com). More features and more details can be
found in the Installer VISE manual, also available at the web site.
Download Installer VISE 6.0 from (http://www.mindvision.com). While
you're there, experience first-hand our Active Setup web installer
for yourself. You'll see why developers all over the world choose
POINTS OF COMPARISON
When comparing installer tools, here are some points worth considering:
- Industry acceptance. Installer VISE is used by Apple, Microsoft,
Adobe, Macromedia, Metrowerks, id, AOL, Symantec, Dantz, Intuit,
Kodak, MacSoft, Netscape, Connectix, and most other major software
companies. They didn't all start with Installer VISE, but they all
use it now.
- Innovation. Installer VISE has consistently been first to market
with the powerful features customers want. But don't just take our
word for it - we encourage you to compare for yourself.
- A company focused on developers. MindVision has been selling
installation tools for over 7 years.
- World-ready. Installer VISE can create installers in 16 languages.
- Macintosh and Windows installers. Many Mac software companies also
produce Windows versions of their products. By offering installers
for both platforms, we eliminate the headache of using a cryptic,
script-based Windows installer.
- Installer VISE Lite. We offer a tightly-focused, low-cost
alternative for smaller Macintosh customers.
- We care. We always have, and always will offer our installer tools
for free to shareware developers. We don't limit our offer to one
Founded eleven years ago, MindVision Software is a recognized
industry leader specializing in software delivery solutions for
Macintosh and Windows. Installer VISE has long been the industry
standard installer for the Macintosh, and is rapidly gaining
recognition as an excellent choice for Windows. Thousands of software
companies, including Apple, Adobe, Microsoft, Netscape, Macromedia,
AOL, Connectix, and FileMaker have come to rely on our software to
deliver professional, easy-to-use installers to their customers.
Fully-functional evaluation versions of MindVision products can be
obtained directly from the MindVision Web site at
http://www.mindvision.com, by calling (402) 477-3269, or by sending
e-mail to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org.