[MD1] GUSI 2: Free Sockets/Pthreads Library for Mac OS
GUSI 2, a free[*] POSIX, sockets, and pthreads emulation library for MacOS,
is now available on
The main distribution for CodeWarrior Pro 5 and MPW compilers (SC[pp] and
MrC[pp]) is in GUSI_20.sit.bin, extra libraries for CodeWarrior 4 are in
GUSI USER LICENSE
My primary objective in distributing GUSI is to have it used as widely as
possible, while protecting my moral rights of authorship and limiting my
exposure to liability.
Copyright (C) 1992-1999 Matthias Neeracher
Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose on any
computer system, and to redistribute it freely, subject to the following
- The author is not responsible for the consequences of use of this software,
no matter how awful, even if they arise from defects in it.
- The origin of this software must not be misrepresented, either by explicit
claim or by omission.
- Altered versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be
misrepresented as being the original software.
While I am giving GUSI away for free, that does not mean that I don't like
getting appreciation for it. If you want to do something for me beyond your
obligations outlined above, you can
- Acknowledge the use of GUSI in the about box of your application and/or
- Send me a CD as described in