RUNTIME LABS ANNOUCES RELEASE OF MacSQL 2.0
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Contact Dan Wald, 917-661-0216 (mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org)
NEW YORK - August 3, 2001 - Runtime Labs, Inc., a premiere provider of
database tools for the Macintosh OS, today announced the release and
immediate availability of MacSQL 2.0. MacSQL 2.0 is a robust solution for
database management on the Macintosh. A fully AppleScriptable application,
MacSQL provides web authors, publishers, and developers with a simple,
graphical way to interact with SQL databases.
"We are very pleased to offer MacSQL 2.0 to the Mac community" said Mark
Lilback, President of Runtime Labs, Inc. "MacSQL fills a definite need for
those Mac users who require an easy to use application for working with SQL
Included in MacSQL are native drivers for MySQL, Microsoft SQL Server, ODBC
(with the Merant ODBC Driver Manager installed on Mac OS 9), and Oracle (on
Mac OS X via JDBC).
MacSQL 2.0 includes many new and upgraded features from the original
shareware versions of MacSQL:
* Ability to connect to MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle, and ODBC database servers.
* Runs natively on MacOS 9 and MacOS X.
* Spreadsheet-like viewing/editing of remote data.
* Web Script Assistant that will generate PHP or Embeded Perl to interact
with a database.
* Complete AppleScript support including recordability and the ability to
save frequently used queries as scripts for later execution.
* Create Table Tool to help visually design tables.
* Multi-panel display of schema including databases, tables, columns, and
* Ability to export data as SQL commands, tab-delimited text, comma
separated text, or directly to Microsoft Excel.
* Import of SQL files and data in CSV or Tab-delimited text files.
* Recent documents for easy access to frequently used databases.
MacSQL is commercial software, and costs US$249 to purchase. A Lite version
is available for US$99. A demo version, which expires after 10 days, is
MacSQL 2.0 requires a PowerPC computer running Mac OS X or MacOS 9.x with
CarbonLib 1.3.1 or greater installed. ODBC support requires the Merant ODBC
Driver Manager. Oracle support requires the Oracle JDBC for Java 2. Where
MacSQL 2.0 and MacSQL 2.0 Lite can be purchased and downloaded at
(http://www.rtlabs.com/store). The demo version can be downloaded at
Previously registered MacSQL users can upgrade to 2.0 at discounted prices.
About Runtime Labs
Runtime Labs is a small, highly skilled software development shop
established in July 2000. Runtime Labs develops innovative software
products while providing its developers with the best possible environment
to explore their creativity. MacSQL 2.0 is the company's first commercial
product release, having previously released numerous freeware and shareware